Monday, July 8, 2013

 
What a week. First off, I was transfered for my last change. I was sad to leave Agua Santa because I really love that ward, but God knows best. I am now in a place called Mirador, Achupallis. It´s close to Vina still, like 20-30 minutes in Micro (bus) and I´m with Hna Zimmerman. She is on her 3rd change in the mish, and is also a Sister Traning Leader. Its awesome to be with another leader, just both have the same desire and its not like one is taking on everything. She is from Oregon, Eugene and we are SUPER similar. Really, the first day when she asked me if I prefer white or black men I just knew that we´d be fine together. We´ve really only found 2 differences, Hot Tamales and Harry Potter, neither of which she likes... Shes an amazing missionary who really understands her power and authority and we both just want to work and see milagros. (miracles) I was honestly really happy to be not training this change, I love it and all, but honestly, since basically October I´ve been training, and its sometimes hard, so I was just happy to be able to leave at 11am and work all day with someone who already knows how to do it. 
 
This little city is just filled of miracles though. This week we´ve seen many and I´m just really grateful to my Heavenly Father for the success that we are having. I wish I could give you an update on Agua Santa investigators, but really have no clue, I just pray that they´re progressing, oh, also... Hna Perez stayed in Agua Santa and is training!! (all of the sisters I´ve trained are or have trained... super fun to see them progress)
 
here for the milagros (mriacles)...
 
Ramiro. Ramiro is the husband of a hermana (sister) and she´s been a member for 20 years and her husband has NEVER listened to the lessons until about 4 weeks ago.. and it was like just a little message here and there and then he accepted to listen to the lessons. He completes with everything, reads, does his ¨tarea¨ (homework) we call it and I know he already has his answer, but HE isn´t accepting it. He likes learning and does everything we ask, but baptism. bug. but we have been praying and fasting that he´ll recieve his answer and just accept it. He believes in the profeta and i think he has a need that we haven´t found yet and thats why he won´t say yes, but this week... its my meta! (goal)
 
Paula- so we were walking down this street and I just felt all of a sudden, knock this door. so we knocked. Paula accepted us right in, she has una amiga (a friend) that is a member, we watched the Restauración with her and she was just diggin it. She said that she’s always heard things about the Mormon’s but never has understood until she saw this video and she has more of a desire to know. She was so close to accepting a fecha  (baptism date) but I know that she´ll learn more. The only bad thing is she left for vacation for like 10 days, but after we´ll get her! Just amazing how the Spirit sometimes just tells us something so direct and a miracle comes of it.
 
David. this joven (teenager) is really just seaching for his answer. he is 17 and beleives what we teach him but just wants to feel something huge in his heart. We went with him to a baptism so he could see one and he liked it because feels like he never really chose to be baptized, his mom did for him and now he just wants to follow what God wants him to do.. I just hope he lets his heart be opened to the goodness that God has preparado por él. (prepared for him)
 
Found a new favorite scripture this week... Alma 12,16. Really, I have really learned to love and know my Savior and these scriptures really explain how I feel for Him. I love the Book of Mormon. I am trying to finish that and the New Testamento before I finish and I feel like I´m learning SO much more of what Ii´ve read so many times!
 
There are so many other people that we´ve found and are teaching but time just flies sometimes, I had to download a couple videos off of LDS.org to show for lessons. But just know that I am happy. Yesterday I was walking around and just was thinking, wow. what a blessing to be here to help other people 100% of my time. It’s the most important work and I know that it´ll be in my heart forever. My time to be a disciple of Christ doesn´t end here in Chile, this is just the training ground for the rest of my life!
 
love you all... muchísimo. besitos y abrazitos. (lots. kisses and hugs)
Keep Smiling,
Hna Sargent
 
p.s. don´t send any more packages or dear elders because I won’t get them... I just barely got some from April.. so I don´t think it´s something I´ll get here. If you need to write me, just email me here...
 
 
nietos de Carmen (the bra lady)

Tatiana... so sad to leave her!!!  

20- 4th of july celebration with milkshakes we made!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment