Holy fast does the time go!! I can't beleive I am on my 5th week now. So crazy.
I have lots to write so lets just jump right in it!!
1. Mom, thank you thank you thank you for the package for Easter!! I LOVE everything. It was so cute too I even took a picture with it. Seriously, you are the BEST! I love you.
2. I miss giving/getting hugs here... so I have started with my roommates everynight after prayer to give them all hugs. Never really thought I was a huggy person until I came here and don't get any! It's a fun tradition I've started. Think I'll continue it my whole mission if I can.
3. April Fools.....yes, us hermanas did something to the elders in our zone! We moved alll there PMG's and Scriptures around so they had to go find them.... it was pretty funny. Some elders are too serious and didn't appreciate it, but all the elders in my district liked it. And they got us back by completely moving our whole desk out of the room :) It was pretty fun. And Robs, I completely fell for your broken foot joke. hahahaha. Glad it's not true.
4. Elder Archuleta, mom you can keep it on here now since everyone knows he is here after Conference! Yes, he is in my zone and we are becoming friends. Seriously. The other day at lunch we were talking and he was asking what I study and such and then he's like, oh, so that's why you eat SO healthy (mostly salads and wraps) and now if I am by him by meals he asks what’s healhty and stuff... yesterday was Cottage Cheese. hahah! Also, at the gym we are friends as well. We always are stretching in the same place so he always just asking what good things are to do to be warmed up and stuff, and then jogging around the track yesterday we were talking about sports in High School and stuff. It's just funny, he is totally normal to me. Really shy, but he is opening up with me. I do feel bad for him though because people always stop him, I just wanna say... let him be! haha. Really though, tell Suzanne things won’t work out... he is only 5'5 and about half my size and too shy. But friends are GREAT. And he sure does have talent... man, that elder can sing! ha! basically, we're gonna become besties. And he is going to Chile.
5. GENERAL CONFERENCE! I'm so glad that they showed me for you guys. I was trying to Milk my face up a little so they'd show me just for you guys! :) It was an INCREDIBLE expereince. Seriously, words just can't describe it. They Spirit was strong, our songs turned out great, we were only like 50 yds from President Monson and the apostles.... really, amazing. I wish I could describe it better but I don't know what else to say. Really, incredible. I hope you could feel the Spirit through the music... that was our goal. The rest of conference was so great too. I felt like they talked a ton about teaching the gospel in your home. I feel like I've been so blessed by that and hearing how people don't have that, I’ve learned how it is just so important. One of my favs off the top of my head was Uchtdorf. I can't wait for the Liahona to come out to really read/study them .I just love conference and how now I am really appreciating that these men have true inspiration from God and we need to listen to EVERYTHING they say b/c it's what God wants us to do. And how lucky we are to have a prophet on the earth today to guide us. Oh, it just makes sense! Love.
And seeing SHAUNA. Holy cow. BEST THING EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRR!!!!! This is how i felt about it:
So the whole conferenece and after and before I was TOTALLY looking for her. I was like, it'd be So great to at least wave and blow her a kiss or something. But I didn't ever see her so I just figured she couldn't scalp tickets. So I left and honestly I was a little sad and was like, I thought I'd for sure see her after because I knew she'd get as close as possible to see me!
But I was fine and by the time we got to the door outside I had forgotten about it, and I turned the door and BAM!!!! There she WAS. Seriously. I was in mid conversation with another sister and just said "my sister" left and was dogging people to get to her ASAP. We just hugged, hugged, cried with smiles on our faces, hugged more, laughed, talked. I'm so glad she felt like it was SO great. Because for me it was like AMAZING. I just had NO clue that I would even be able to actually touch her, really, I thought maybe a wave and a yell of "I love you" I still think about it and just think it was such a TM. Seriously, no other words to describe it, and if anything it just made me want to do better and work harder. She knows exactly how I feel being in the MTC too so it was just awesome. I can't wait to see the pics she took! Really, so great. God is Kind and really does bless us. Really, it was AMAZING to see her.
6. Keep sending Q's emails. I LOVE them. She is just great. Gives me such inspiration to get to Chile and work :)
7. Is my mission plaque up yet in church? How does it look? ha
8. Each Sunday our district has a companionship talk about our families. It's really great to get to know everyone better but, last Sunday was my turn and I took the picture in from my farewell and passed it around and the first elder goes "how long ago was this taken?" I said "5 weeks or something" and he was like... "what, where are you?" so I pointed to myself and he was like.... "OHHHH, I thought this was you (pointing to Makenna) and it was when you were younger!" it was really funny. But I am so blessed to have a family like you all. So thank you!!
9. Funny thing of this week, there is this teacher who ALWAYS talks to hrn. Dapper and I and he is definitely a "SOG"... anywho, he made us late to class one day this week so I told him he had to come vouch for us that it was his fault, so he did. it was SO funny. I think our teacher was like.... oh hermano. you and the sister missionaries. hahaha... we didn't get in trouble though :) not that we would anyways, just funny.
10. I am still loving the MTC, I am learning a TON. I am really excited though to go to Chile, 05/07/12 is my date I think. I love it here, but I know once I am in Chile my language will just FLY and I'll learn how to teach better and such. I am taking full advantage of the MTC though.... it's special here for sure! I think the biggest challenge for me right now is knowing how to best study the language that will help me teach and communicate with people. Anyone have any suggestions, let me know! But it's not like I can't speak or understand at all, I can do those pretty well... but I just want to keep getting better and not coast, so that's the hardest thing to figure out right now! but I love it.
Well, time is running low, so I best be going, but love you all SO much. Thanks for all the letters and packages and prayers and support. I feel it everyday!! This church is true. Read your scriptures and pray always. Try to become more like Christ and learn about Him. Love the work I am doing. (DC 112:28...look it up)
Love you all,